Contact Mobile

Central Maintenance Facility

3151 S. E. Inner Loop, Suite B
Georgetown, Texas 78626
Taylor Line (512) 352-4176 Ext. #3330
Liberty Hill Line (512) 260-4268 Ext. #3330
Phone: (512) 943-3330
Fax: (512) 943-3335
Driving Directions

J. Terron Evertson P.E.
Deputy Director of Infrastructure
Director of Road and Bridge

Adam D. Boatright P.E.
County Engineer
Development & Drainage Division Director

Email:  roadadmin@wilco.org

Williamson County, TX
(512) 943-3330


How do I get a culvert installed for my driveway?

You must contact us before you install a driveway. We will come out and look and tell you what size pipe that needs to be installed for your driveway. You then need to purchase the pipe and install it yourself. For more information, please see the driveway policy.

How can I find out if a road is maintained by the County?

If the road is a US or state road, is in the city limits of an incorporated city, or is a private road, the County does not maintain it. To find out, call Commissioners Court records at (512) 943-1515 or contact the Road Dept. office at (512) 943-3330.

How do I contact the Road Department?

Call (512) 943-3330, send e-mail directly to the County Road Administrator, or write:

Williamson County Director of Road and Bridge
Road and Bridge Division
3151 SE Inner Loop
Georgetown, TX 78626

Our offices are in the County Central Maintenance Facility. Our office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. When our office is closed we do have an answering machine and the messages are checked every morning. In an emergency outside regular office hours, call the Sheriff's Department at (512) 943-1300.

What rules does the County have about mail boxes?

If you are putting up a mail box on a county maintained road you will need to install the mailbox yourself; we do not install mail boxes. We do ask that you not place any large rock or mailboxes in the county right-of-way that will obstruct the view or be dangerous.

Whom do I contact about road repair or maintenance?

Call the Road Department at (512) 943-3330 to report problems or by submitting a work order request via this link.

How do I get specialty signs installed on a road?

For signs other than normal regulatory traffic signs, you will need to send a letter and or petition with signatures of area residents to our department stating your request and reasons/justification for needing the sign. The road administrator will then approve or disapprove this request. If your request is approved you will need to then purchase the sign yourself and the road department will install the sign if on a county maintained road.

Whom do I call about dead animals on the road?

If you notice a dead animal on the side of a county maintained road, please call us at (512) 943-3330, and we will get it taken care of as soon as possible. We do not have the means to pick up large livestock. We can not go onto personal property.

Who plans new roads?

When the County government plans new roads, the County Commissioners discuss these plans as part of the agenda of Commissioners Court. New roads planned by developers are usually presented at Commissioners Court as part of the platting process.

Whom do I call about litter on the road?

If a county maintained road has litter or someone has dumped trash on the side of a road, please give us a call at (512) 943-3330 and we will have it picked up. We will also try to find out who dumped the trash on a county maintained road or on the side of the road, and legal action may be taken.

I'm a contractor, how do I bid on County road work?

Please subscribe to receive Invitations for Bids by electronic mail or see the vendor information from the Purchasing Dept.

Do I need a building permit?

You will need to contact the  Williamson Road and Bridge Division  for a "Certificate of Compliance permit" or apply online at MyGovernmentOnline.org. This permit verifies if your property is in a flood plain. You will not need anything from the Road Dept, unless you are putting in a driveway (see Culvert/Driveway Policy). If you are in a city or city ETJ you should check with that city. Note that other agencies may require permitting including but not limited to cities (within their ETJ), Emergency Services Districts, TCEQ, the Williamson County and Cities Health District, etc. Please consult with the appropriate agencies.

What are the zoning regulations in Williamson County?

There are no zoning regulations in Williamson County. If you are inside the city limits you must follow the city's zoning regulations.

How do I get a copy of County development regulations and policies?

Some are available for download from Documents and Forms page. The Williamson County Subdivision Regulations contain a great deal of information for developers including:

Platting Procedures
Road and Drainage Construction
Road Maintenance
Substandard Subdivisions
Appendix A --- Platting Guidelines
   Form of Sale
   Grandfather Clause
   Commercial Development
   Access to Public Road
   Size of Lot
   Adjacent Lots
   Family Grants
   Phased Subdivisions
   Property-line Adjustments
   Partial Financing
   Judicial Partition
Appendix B --- Engineering Guidelines
   Lot Size
   Road Alignments
   Minimum Road Requirements
   Construction: General
   Base Material
   Wearing Surface
   Street Names and Markers
   Drainage and Flood Control
Appendix C --- Plat Notes 
   Road Widening Easements
   Owner's Responsibilities
   Lien Holder's Release
   Lien Free Right-of-Way
   County Judge's Approval
   County Clerk's Approval
   Health Department Approval

When am I required to plat?

See Subdivision Regulations: Item A6. Page 18. and Resubdivison Subdivision Regulations: Item 4. Page 9.

What do I need for a permit for sewage facilities?

 Contact the County Engineer's office at (512) 943-3330.

Does Williamson County issue a certificate of occupancy?

Let it be known that at this present time, Williamson County has no authority to zone property for land use nor does the county have the authority to issue certificate of occupancy.  It should also be noted that at this point in time, Williamson County has not adopted a resolution or order requiring the application of Subchapter F. “Residential Building Code Standards Applicable to Unincorporated Areas of Certain Counties” as found in Section 233 of the Local Government Code.  Therefore, Williamson County does not require any new residential construction to conform to any building code.

How do I know if a property is in a floodplain?

Contact the County Engineer's Office at 512-943-3330 or email floodplain@wilco.org.

How do I contact the County Engineer's office?

Call (512) 943-3330, send e-mail directly to the County Engineer, or write:

Williamson County Engineer 
Road and Bridge Division 
3151 S. E. Inner Loop, Ste.B
Georgetown, TX 78626

Our offices are in the County Maintenance Facility.

How do I get a new address for my house?

You will need to contact GIS & 911 Addressing at (512) 943-3707

How do I get my subdivision maintained by the county?

See Subdivision Regulations: 6.2. & 6.3 page 12.

How are street names and markers assigned?

See Subdivision Regulations: item B9. Page 25. Also see the amendment to Subdivision GIS & 911 Addressing at (512) 943-3707.

What signs must be posted for a resubdivision?

Notification signs are to be posted adjacent to the property (one per 300 feet of street frontage). These signs may be purchased from the County Engineer. The signs must be posted not less than 20 days prior to the Public Hearing.