Texas Department of Motor Vehicles requires an applicant for title or initial registration to present a current photo identification of the owner containing a unique identification number and expiration date.
- Driver’s license or state identification certificate issued by a state or territory of the United States;
- United States passport or foreign passport;
- United States military identification card;
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization identification;
- Identification issued under a Status of Forces Agreement;
- United States Department of Homeland Security identification document;
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services identification document; or
- United States Department of State identification document.