A VTR-68-A is an inspection conducted by a law enforcement officer to verify the identity of a vehicle for registration purposes. This inspection is often needed to obtain a bonded title, register a homemade trailer, register a vehicle that previously hasn’t had a title, out of the country vehicle, or other reasons.
Effective May 19, 2021, VTR-68-A inspections will be conducted on Wednesdays from 1 pm - 3 pm for Williamson County residents only. No appointment is required. Inspections will not be conducted in the event of inclement weather or observed county holidays.
To avoid delays please review the links below and follow the instructions provided. All items below are REQUIRED.
- At the time of inspection, you will need to bring:
- the trailer or vehicle
- a photo ID,
- proof of residency (driver's license, water bill, etc.).
- vehicle’s title, bill of sale, or proof of ownership.
- vehicle verification request form, click here to print. This form must be printed, filled out, and brought to the inspection.
- LOCATION: 3181 SE INNER LOOP GEORGETOWN, TX 78626. Click here for directions.