To be qualified to serve as a juror you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of this state and a resident of the county in which you are to serve as a juror; (Note: If you claim this disqualification based on the lack of citizenship or lack of residence in the county you might no longer be eligible to vote in the county.)
- Be qualified under the constitution and laws in the county in which you are to serve as a juror (Note: You do not have to be registered to vote to be qualified.)
- Be of sound mind and good moral character.
- Be able to read and write.
- Not have served as a juror for six days during the preceding 3 months in the county court or during the preceding 6 months in the district court.
- Not have been convicted of, or be under indictment or other legal accusation for, misdemeanor theft or a felony.