Forms and Documents

Welcome to Williamson County’s Self-Service Page!

You may download and fill out one of the following forms or, where available, use the interview feature.  The guided interviews will ask you a series of questions that will help prepare your forms.  Once those forms are prepared, you may electronically file those documents with the correct court or print a copy to file in person.

Odyssey Guide and File

Petitions, Answers, and other Civil Documents:
Petitions, answers, and other civil documents can be filed using E-File or in person.  More information can be found here: https://efiletx.tylertech.cloud/OfsEfsp/ui/landing. We look forward to working with you to simplify and improve the filing experience with Williamson County JP3.

Small Claims Petition Repair and Remedy Petition
Eviction Petition File a subsequent filing in an existing case.


Help For Self-Represented Litigants

Below are several sources of information for persons who do not have a lawyer. The information is not legal advice and does not take the place of talking to a lawyer.


LandLord/Tenant Assistance
  • In addition to the health and physical well-being of so many people, finances is another area that has been dramatically impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. Because of this, many are struggling with how to pay their rent, utilities, basic needs and not to mention court obligations. If you are finding yourself in this situation, here are some resources that may be of assistance with rent, utilities and food:
  • The Caring Place
    2000 Railroad St
    Georgetown, TX 78626
  • The Caring Place
    2000 Railroad St
    Georgetown, TX 78626
    https://www.caringplacetx.org/ (Opens a new window)
  • Round Rock Area Serving Center
    1099 E Main St.
    Round Rock, TX 78664
    https://www.rrasc.org/ (Opens a new window)
  • Salvation Army Williamson County Service Center
    1930 S. Austin Avenue, Suite 101
    Georgetown, TX  78626
    (food, rent and utility assistance)
    (Seen on a referral basis from other local agencies)
    https://salvationarmyaustin.org/ (Opens a new window)
  • Our office is committed to working with defendants on their court obligations. Please contact us at 512-943-1501 to discuss your specific case and current situation. We cannot stress enough the need to communicate with us, so please call.
  • We remain confident that we will ultimately emerge from this troubling situation. In the meantime, our thoughts and prayers are with all. 

Occupational Driver License

Filing for an Occupational Driver License in Justice Court Precinct 3

What is an occupational license?
An occupational license is a special restricted license issued to persons whose license has been suspended or revoked for certain offenses. Texas Transportation Code Section 521.242; 37 Texas Administration Code 15.7.

Is the court order the occupational license?
No. This is the order granting the occupational license. The court order and all other required items must be submitted by you to the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) so an occupational license can be issued. Note: The Justice Court does not forward any documents to DPS. Contact DPS at: (512)424-2600 or visit their website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/

The court order may be used temporarily as a license for 45 days from the date of the judge’s signature while DPS processes the occupational license.

Can I get a refund if the license is not granted?
No. The filing fee is $54.00 and is non-refundable.

To file for an Occupational Driver License you must:

Familiarize yourself with the requirements as set out in the Transportation Code Section 521.241 to 521.253. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Search.aspx

  1. File a Petition with the Williamson County Justice Court. Click here for a online fillable petition.
  2. Obtain and file an SR-22 Certificate of Insurance. An Insurance Agent may assist you in obtaining the SR-22.
  3. Obtain and file a Certified Abstract of your Driving Record (AR). This can be requested from the following DPS website: https://txapps.texas.gov/tolapp/txldrcdr/TXDPSLicenseeManager
  4. Obtain and file a letter from your employer or a school certificate, if applicable.
  5. Print, fill out and file Order Granting Occupational License, MUST be completed by petitioner. Order Granting Occupational License
  6. Submit a copy of the suspension letter you received from DPS to the court, if applicable.
  7. After filing your Petition and all other required documentation, the Judge will review your petition. If approved, you will be notified when you may return to the court to pay for and receive certified copies of the Petition and Order for filing with DPS and for your records. The court will notify you the cost for copies.
  8. To file online, please visit https://efiletx.tylertech.cloud/OfsEfsp/ui/landing to register, upload your documents and pay the $54.00 filing fee.

This procedure can be very complicated. It may be beneficial to employ an attorney to assist you. The Judge and respective staff are prohibited by law to assist you in the preparing of the application or procedural steps taken after the Judge signs the Order.