||O’Connor Drive at Morgan Hill Trail, Great Oaks Drive, and Liberty Walk
||Williamson County is constructing new traffic signals at Liberty Walk, Great Oaks Drive, and Morgan Hill Trail to help with increased vehicle and pedestrian traffic in the area, which has created safety concerns. This increase in traffic is due to the rapidly growing County, which was identified in 2019 as the 9th fastest growing large-county nationwide. In addition to the new traffic signals, Pocono Drive will change from a four-way stop to a two-way stop to best accommodate the traffic flow from the new signals.
||Construction is underway and is expected to be complete in fall 2021. View project FAQs. Unfortunately, the project has seen numerous delays since its start in late 2019. Currently, the signal has been installed; however, we are waiting on a power meter.
Some of the multiple challenges to this project include:
- The contractor was not able to use the planned boring process under the sidewalks and roads for the conduit because of the abundance of existing utilities at the intersections.
- Materials proved to be scarce and difficult to secure, which resulted in long delays in delivery.
- Previously unknown utilities were discovered when they were damaged during construction work, causing delays to repair those utilities and adjust the location of new utilities.
- The pandemic, which interrupted life for everyone for several months, delayed construction while crews adjusted to new realities and work protocols.
- Winter Storm Uri halted any planned work for several weeks waiting for the ground to thaw, melt and dry.
- Concrete has been in short supply as every construction project in central Texas competed for it in their attempts to catch up on schedules following the storm.
We will continue to keep the community updated on the status of this project and appreciate your continued patience as we work through these challenges.
||Email [email protected] or phone 512-943-1195