The voters of Williamson County approved a $35 million Parks Bond in the November 2019 election for a series of park improvement and trail development projects.
Following is a brief update and status of the various approved projects:
- RVi Planning & Landscape Architecture is currently designing a new segment of the Brushy Creek Regional Trail along Hairy Man Road. Design is approximately 60% complete.
- Expanded parking/outdoor event space and arena widening were completed by Chasco Constructors in 2022 at the Expo Center in Taylor. Electrical upgrades in the warm-up arena are slated for completion in late spring 2023.
- Halff Associates completed preliminary design reports in 2022 for each of the three proposed trail projects. Next steps will be to explore access options for the proposed trail corridors and subsequently initiate planning and design.
- Trail extension between Red Bud Lane and Hutto
- Halff Associates is nearing 90% design efforts for a series of improvements for Berry Springs Park & Preserve. Projects include improved parking, covered pavilion, remote restroom, trail extension, visitor center and maintenance facility.
- Studio 16:19 completed a new restroom facility in 2022 at Southwest Williamson County Regional Park.
- The YMCA of Central Texas was awarded funding towards a pedestrian bridge at Twin Lakes Park. The project is currently slated for completion sometime in 2023.
- The City of Cedar Park Parks Department was awarded funding towards a trail connection project between Lakeline Park and Twin Lakes Park. The project is currently in the preliminary design phase.
- HNTB is currently designing a shared use path between Liberty Hill and River Ranch County Park as part of a future road improvement project.