Military Packet

Titling and Registering Vehicles   

Title transfers are handled Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Payments made by check may be converted to an electronic funds transfer.

To help make the process easier, the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles has created a military packet summarizing the steps you should take to register or title your vehicle.

Click here to view information regarding vehicles purchased out of state and required forms.  

For additional insurance information,please visit Texas Department of Insurance.

Registration Renewals

If you are a Texas Military resident serving out of state, you may renew your registration online or designate a representative to register the vehicle for you by providing them a signed Power of Attorney form with original signature in ink (faxed, scanned or emailed copies are not acceptable), a copy of your current Texas Liability insurance (if you have out of state insurance please provide proof that it meets the Texas requirements), and a copy of your driver's license. Your representative can renew your registration in person at a Williamson County Tax office location or by mail.

Non-residents serving in Texas are not required to register their vehicles in Texas.