Manufactured Housing Information

The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) maintains the official state records called Statements of Ownership (SO) regarding the ownership, location, lien status and status as real property or personal property.  In the event that you sell or transfer ownership of a home, the “SO” must be updated.  It also must be updated if the home is moved to another location.  Please visit www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh for information on applying for a Statement of Ownership.  

When filing for a statement of ownership on a manufactured home, a statement from the Tax Assessors-Collector for the county that the home is located in on January 1st must also be submitted with your application to the TDHCA.  The statement from the Tax Assessor-Collector must indicate that there are no prior taxes due and that estimated taxes for the upcoming year are held in escrow.  

Steps to obtain the Statement from the Tax Assessor/Collector

Manufactured Home inquiries made at GEORGETOWN location only.

Information needed to obtain a “Statement from Tax Assessor-Collector” (MHD Form 1076)

  1. Provide information of address or owner of Manufactured Home
  2. Label and or Serial # (generally found on paperwork from seller or tongue of manufactured home
  3. Pay any taxes due and/or estimated amount for upcoming tax year
  4. Once funds are in escrow the statement is issued and given to customer upon completion of transaction.

All forms of payment are accepted. Credit/debit cards will incur a convenience fee of 2.15% for each transaction charged.

If the manufactured home was moved to this county after January 1st the Statement from Tax Assessor-Collector will need to be obtained from the county where the home was located on January, the 1st

Payments held in escrow for a manufactured home DO NOT transfer ownership.  Applications for Statement of Ownership and all associated paperwork must be submitted to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) to complete ownership transfer.

If you have any questions that we could assist with, please contact our office at 512-943-1601 or by email at bwilliams@wilco.org

Manufactured Housing Tax Liens
Before you buy a used manufactured home or submit an application to transfer ownership, please check TDHCA records for current ownership information, mortgage liens, and tax liens. You may do so by searching the TDHCA database at www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh chose the search our data base option and then view home ownership records, be prepared to provide the complete serial number and or HUD label or Texas Seal number for the manufactured home.