The Board of Fire Commissioners of Williamson County Emergency Services District #8 will meet on Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 6:00p.m.at Fire Station #6, 6700 Williams Drive, Georgetown, Texas, 78633.
DUE TO THE STATE OF EMERGENCY AND/OR LOCAL DISASTER CAUSED BY THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL GUIDANCES, ORDERS AND DECLARATIONS OF DISASTER RELATED THERETO, THE DISTRICT MAY EXERCISE ITS AUTHORITY TO HOLD THE MEETING VIA TELEPHONE CONFERENCE CALL OR OTHER REMOTE PROCEDURES BECAUSE OF THE DIFFICULTY AND RISKS OF CONVENING A QUORUM IN ONE LOCATION. THE MEETING MAY BE ACCESSED BY THE PUBLIC VIA TELEPHONE TOLL FREE AT 512-672-8405 AND THE PIN TO JOIN CONFERENCE IS 409 328 856#.
Williamson County Emergency Services District #8 Board Members: Bobby Bunte, Bennie Piper, Troy Rodriguez, Lisa Birkman and Ira Wood.
Call to Order
Board may, at any time, recess the Regular Session to convene in Executive Session at the request of the Chair, Board Member, or legal counsel for any purpose authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551, and are subject to action in the Regular Session that follows.
- Public Comment
- Consideration and possible action to approve the minutes from the Meeting held on July 21, 2021.
- Discussion and possible action to pursue a sales tax.
- Presentation of the monthly Treasurer’s report and payment of bills by Ron Barrick.
- Discussion and possible action to purchase a printer and other office equipment for the ESD office and Commissioners.
- Discussion and possible action to change the September 15th Regular Session Meeting to September 8th.
- Discussion and possible action to allow change to section 4.2 of the contract between the City and ESD8 to correct the language to allow for up and down budget variations year to year.
- Discussion and possible action related to the adoption of the ESD8 FY 21/22 Budget.
- Discussion and possible action to propose a tax rate for FY 21/22 and schedule public hearings if necessary. Must have a record vote on this agenda item.
- Discussion and possible action to approve a Letter of Engagement with Medack & Oltmann, LLP to perform annual financial audit.
- Monthly presentation, report(s) and updates by City of Georgetown Fire Chief John Sullivan.
I, Nancy Rangel, do hereby certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted on the ESD8 website, a place readily accessible to the general public at all times and with the County Clerk’s Office on August 13th at 3:00 p.m. and remained posted for at least 72 continuous hours, preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
____________________________ Nancy Rangel