Dear San Gabriel River Ranch Residents,
The Williamson County Road and Bridge Division and I would like to update you on the progress of the San Gabriel Ranch Road project since the June 22, 2016 email. The following progress has been made:
- The Consulting engineering firm Freese and Nichols, Inc. (FNI) and their team have performed hydrologic, hydraulic and stability analyses of the dam. Based on results from the survey and geotechnical investigation the following were determined or reviewed:
- The stability analysis evaluates the structural integrity of the embankment and revealed that the dam currently does not meet Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Dam Safety Standards.
- Upstream and downstream conditions of the dam including the 100‐year flood plain in the case of a dam failure.
- Analyses also looked at current and future development upstream.
- The Road and Bridge Division has worked closely with FNI over the last several months to develop alternatives to repair the roadway.
- In developing alternatives, feasibility studies were performed and construction costs and durations were estimate.
- Communications with other governmental entities have begun that will be involved in the solution including TCEQ, US Fish and Wildlife Service, and US Army Corps of Engineers.
An Open House will be held on Monday, December 5, 2016 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM at the Fellowship Church (old VFW building) located at 102 W. Myrtle Lane, Liberty Hill, TX 78642. We will provide residents details of these alternatives and provide an opportunity for public input. Repairs are expected to begin in late winter or early spring 2017.
We will continue to provide updates, but should you have any questions please do not hesitate to call Kathy Pierce at my office. Your continued support and patience is most appreciated.
Cynthia P. Long
Commissioner – Precinct Two