The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office is working diligently to maintain a high level of public service during the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic. Ensuring public safety – including the safety of Sheriff’s Office employees and the inmates housed in our facility – is our top priority. The following are answers to frequently asked questions about how COVID-19 is impacting Sheriff’s Office operations.

How is the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office handling calls for service?

  • Emergency/Life-Threatening calls or “In Progress” calls for service will be handled in the same manner as always and has not changed at this time.
  • Non-Emergency/Routine calls for service will be handled over the telephone, if possible. If a deputy is required, our communications staff have been directed to ask if anyone in the household is exhibiting symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
  • Deputies will try to maintain a “social distance” out of concern and respect for the community to the extent possible or plausible.
  • Fingerprinting services for civilians have been suspended until further notice.
  • Community members are encouraged to call-in where possible instead of coming to the Sheriff’s Office.

What else is being done to limit inmate exposure to COVID-19?

New House Medical Screenings are conducted during the booking process. Inmates possibly affected and/or showing symptoms will be separated and quarantined. The inmate will continuously receive medical attention. The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office has also implemented a 14-day quarantine for all incoming inmates.  These inmates are isolated from the rest of the jail population to mitigate the chances of having a COVID-19 case in the jail.


Fingerprinting services

Ink fingerprinting is available Monday through Friday with a prior appointment. Appointments can be made by calling 512-943-1300.

  • Hours are 8:30 am - 11:00 am and again from 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
  • Cards are $5.00 each.  We accept exact cash, checks and credit cards.
  • We offer FBI or DPS cards but you must know which one you need.

Vehicle crash reports

There are a couple of options to locate your vehicle crash report.

  • Call 512-943-1300 and choose option 4.
    • You will need to know one of the following:
      • the name of a person involved in the crash
      • the driver license/identification card number of a person involved in the crash
      • the vehicle identification number (VIN) of a vehicle involved in the crash
      • the TxDOT Crash ID assigned to the crash
    • Go to https://cris.dot.state.tx.us/public/Purchase.  There is a $6.00 fee for a non-certified copy and an $8.00 fee for a certified copy from this web site.  You do not need a certified copy.  Also, if you are are wanting a non-redacted version of the crash report, you will need to fill out an affidavit stating how you were involved with the crash.
  • If the accident was done by the Sheriff's Office, there is a request form to fill out and a $6.00 fee.  You also must be involved with the crash in order to obtain a non-redacted copy of the crash.  Call for options to complete these requirements.

I need a copy of a report (not a vehicle crash)

If you are looking for a copy of your incident report, arrest report or incarceration verification, please call 512-943-1300 and push option 5.

If you have been told to put your request in writing, fill out the following request - Open Records Request Form.  DO NOT fill out this request unless you have been requested to do so as this could delay receiving your reports.  You can email the request in to wcso-openrecords@wilco.org, mail in the request, fax it to 512-943-1444, or bring it in person.  You are not required to use our form, we just provide it to assist you in getting all the needed information to process your request.

I need to report loose livestock, animals running at large, a dog bite or an injured or dead animal

Call 512-864-8282 and choose option 6.

If I need to report a controlled burn or have questions regarding the County burn ban

Call 512-864-8282 and choose option 3.

I want to pick up property that is in evidence

Property that has been put into evidence (not jail property) is released by appointment only.  Fill out the Evidence Request Form so the evidence department can determine if we have the said property and if the said property is releasable.  If we have it and it is releasable, an appointment will be made for you to come pick up your evidence.

Disposal of used medications

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office has a kiosk in our foyer for citizens to safely and securely dispose of unused/unwanted or expired medications.

Accepted:  Controlled substances, prescription medications, over-the-counter medications and pet medications.

Not accepted:  Liquids, lotions, inhalers, aerosol cans, hydrogen peroxide, thermometers, needles (sharps) or medications from businesses or clinics.

How do I report drug activity?

You can call 512-943-1170 to report any activity you believe to be drug related or you can email druginfo@wilco.org

Removal of dead animals

If you notice a dead animal on the side of a county maintained road, please call Road & Bridge at (512) 943-3330, and they will get it taken care of as soon as possible. They do not have the means to pick up large livestock nor will they go onto personal property.  Animal Control nor Road & Bridge will pick up dead animals in  your yard.

Helpful Numbers

Williamson County Sherriff's Office

Website - www.wilco.org/wcso

Crash Reports/Information (512) 943-1300

Criminal Investigations Division
Provide/Request Information - (512) 943-1311
E-mail - cid@wilco.org

VICE / Narcotic Investigations
Provide Information - (512) 943-1170
E-mail - druginfo@wilco.org

Community Relations Information

E-mail - so-communityevents@wilco.org
Traffic Concerns / Complaint Request Enforcement - Trafficconcerns@wilco.org
Jail Information - (512) 943-1365

Williamson County Crime Stoppers

Phone - (800) 253-7867
Website - wilcocrimetips.org

Williamson County - District Attorney

Felony Cases - (512) 943-1234

Williamson County - County Attorney

Misdemeanor Cases - (512) 943-1111
Protective Orders- (512) 943-1111

Texas Department of Public Safety

Georgetown - (512) 930-2910
On-Line Crash Forms - www.txdot.gov/governemtn/enforcement/crash-records.html

Area Police Departments

Austin - (512) 974-5000 (311)
Austin Community College Police - (512) 223-1231
Bartlett - (254) 527-3733
Cedar Park - (512) 260-4500
Florence - (254) 793-3110
Georgetown - (512) 930-3510
Granger - (512) 859-2644
Hutto - (512) 846-2057
Jarrell - (512) 746-5333
Leander - (512) 528-2800
Liberty Hill - (512) 515-5409
Round Rock - (512) 218-5500
Southwestern University - (512) 863-1944
Taylor - (512) 352-5551
Texas State University - (512) 245-2805
Thrall - (512) 898-5407

Citations / Civil Small Claims Court

Justice of the Peace
Precinct 1 - Round Rock - (512) 244-8622
Precinct 2 - Cedar Park - (512) 260-4210
Precinct 3 - Georgetown - (512) 943-1501
Precinct 4 - Taylor - (512) 352-4155

Precinct 1 - Round Rock - (512) 244-8650
Precinct 2 - Cedar Park - (512) 260-4270
Precinct 3 - Georgetown - (512) 943-1434
Precinct 4 - Taylor _ (512) 238-2181

Williamson County Mental Health Authority

Bluebonnet Trails Community Services
Round Rock - (512) 244-8489
Taylor - (512) 365-1059
24/7 Crisis Hotline - (800) 841-1255

Williamson County and Cities Health Districts

Round Rock - (512) 248-357
Georgetown - (512) 943-3640
Cedar Park - (512) 260-4240
Taylor - (512) 238-2121

Texas Department of Human Services

Georgetown - (512) 942-4030
Round Rock - (512) 244-1592
Taylor - (512) 352-7653

Child / Elder Abuse Hotline

MainLine - (800) 252-5400
24/7 Crisis Hotline - (800) 841-1255

Hope Alliance

Direct Services to Adult & Child Victims of Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault

Information - (512) 255-1212 / (800) 460-SAFE (7233)


Round Rock
St. Davids - (512) 341-1000
Baylor Scott & White - (512) 509-0100
Seton Williamson - (512) 324-4000

Cedar Park
Cedar Park Regional (Seton) - (512) 528-7000

St. David's - (512) 943-3000

Baylor Scott & White - (737) 888-3100

Dell Seton - (512) 324-7000
Seton Northwest - (512) 324-6000
St. David's North Austin Hospital - (512) 901-1000

Baylor Scott & White - (254) 724-2111

Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid - (512) 374-2700 / (888) 988-9996
Women's Advocacy Project - (512) 476-5377
Family Violence Legal Line - (512) 476-5770 / (800) 374-HOPE (4673)
Family Law Hotline - (512) 476-1866 / (800) 777-FAIR (3247)
Lawyer Referral of Central Texas - (512) 472-8303 / (800) 252-9690

Life Steps - (512) 246-9880

American Red Cross - (800) 928-4271

Salvation Army - (512) 246-7292

Public Transportation
CARTS Round Rock - (512) 255-9188
CARTS Georgetown - (512) 864-7433
CARTS Taylor - (512) 352-7433
Cap Metro Round Rock Transit Center - (512) 388-7433

How can I find my car if its been towed

If your car has been towed you can search for it here https://search.autoreturn.com/  

Questions about Jail

Who do I call to ask about someone who has been arrested?

Call Jail Information at (512) 943-1365 for all information about people in jail.

How does visitation work?

CLICK HERE to learn more about inmate visitation.

Where can I go to ask about someone who has been arrested?

You can go to the jail reception entrance located at 306 W. 4th Street at the North end of the Sheriff's Office.

How do I send an inmate money?

CLICK HERE to find out how to deposit money into an inmate's trustee account.

Where is the Williamson County Jail?

Williamson County Jail
306 W. 4th Street
Georgetown, TX
(512) 943-1365
Driving Directions

Who do I contact if my vehicle has been impounded?

Contact Communications at (512) 864-8282 and select option 1 and option1 again to find out who and where your vehicle was towed.  If towed to the Sheriff's Office impound yard, they accept checks, money orders or credit cards.

Where can I find an approved Bondsman?

Williamson County's Bail Bond Board provides an updated list of licensed Bondsmen each month, CLICK HERE for the most updated list.

What is the 287(g) program?


The mission of the steering committee is to

  1. Demonstrate program oversight and direction,
  2. Identify issues and concerns regarding immigration enforcement activities,
  3. Offer community stakeholders opportunities to communicate community-level perspectives.


The vision of the steering committee is to create safer communities and improve national security by enhancing ICE’s ability to identify and remove criminal aliens by gaining an independent, community-level perspective on 287(g) operations.


The 287(g) program allows a state or local law enforcement entity to enter into a partnership with ICE, under a joint Memorandum of Agreement.

The state or local agency receives delegated authority for trained officers to perform certain functions of immigration enforcement within the jail or detention center.

  • The 287(g) Program can only operate within the confines of the Detention Center.
  • Only offenders that have been arrested and brought to the jail are screened to check their immigration status.
  • Only an Immigration Judge or a Senior ICE Official can order the removal of a criminal offender.

The 287(g) Program can only operate within the confines of the Detention Center.

Only offenders that have been arrested and brought to the jail are screened to check their immigration status.

Only an Immigration Judge or a Senior ICE Official can order the removal of a criminal offender.

  • No immigration enforcement functions are conducted on the streets, in the community or places of employment. We do not ask questions in regard to a person’s lawful immigration status in the course of performing law enforcement functions.
  • The Sheriff has no influence on the priorities of the Program


  • 100% of all offenders / defendants brought to the Detention Center are screened, there is absolutely no profiling or selective screening based on race, ethnicity, or country of origin.
  • There has not been a single complaint regarding racial profiling, discrimination or officer misconduct related to the operation of the 287(g) Program.


  • The program has a full time ICE Program Manager
  • ICE Supervisors must review and authorize all detainers.
  • All paperwork is reviewed by ICE attorneys for legal sufficiency.
  • Offenders / Defendants are served with their immigration paperwork and proceed through a legal process until final adjudication of their case.
  • The Office of Professional Responsibility conducts routine inspections of the 287(g) program.


The following resources are provided by ICE at no cost to Williamson County.

  • Training
  • Equipment
  • Oversight

* No detention center officers are dedicated to the program on a full time basis.

* There are no direct operational costs to the agency.


  • Is granted to criminal offenders that are in the United States illegally, but are released due to compelling humanitarian reasons on a case by case basis to include: DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
  • Serious medical conditions
  • Sole family providers
  • Nursing mothers


WCSO DIO’s have issued 402 detainers.


We have had 10,937 inmates booked into the facility since October 1st 2018 to present.

We average 35 to 40 inmates daily who have a hold for ICE. Which is approximately 7% of our daily population.

Of the 10,937 inmates interviewed by DIO’s, 352 of those who were not U.S. Citizens but were legally in the U.S.


  • Mexico 59%
  • Guatemala 15%
  • Honduras 10%
  • El Salvador 9%
  • Cuba 3%
  • Russia 1%
  • China 1%
  • England 1%
  • Other 1%


  • Criminal offenders that are sentenced for serious crimes are not released back into the community to include: Sexual Offenders / Predators
  • Domestic Violence Offenders
  • Validated Criminal Gang Members
  • Crimes of Violence
  • Drug Traffickers


  • The 287 (g) Program exists to protect our local communities by providing Law Enforcement and Corrections an effective tool to enhance the safety of the public.
  • As Williamson County statistics demonstrate, the partnership has been effective in the removal of felons, gang members, and violent criminals off of our streets in Williamson County.


  • If you would like a copy of the power point it can be found on the Sheriff’s Office website. https://www.wilco.org
  • If you would like additional information about the 287 (g) Program stats and or inspections, you must contact ICE.
Frequently Asked Alarms Questions

How do I get an application/permit?

Download a copy of the application for permit. Complete it fully, and return it with the required fee to the address on the bottom of the form.  You may also call the Alarm Unit at (512)-943-1340 and an application can be emailed, faxed or mailed via USPS, to you.  You may stop by the Sheriffs Office and pick up an application.  Your alarm permit will be returned to you in the mail.  You do not have to post it in a front window, just know where it is in the event you must show proof of permit.

How much does a permit cost?

Permits cost $25.00 for two years and is renewed every other year.  A renewal notice is mailed 30 days prior to the permit expiring.

How many false alarms are allowed before I am fined and how much is the fine?

Five free false alarms are allowed in a one-year period.  The one-year period begins at the time you have your first false alarm.  All others are billed at the rate of $75.00 each, until the one-year period ends.  You then begin a second period with another five free false alarms, and the process continues.  Your alarm permit can be revoked for non-payment of assessed fines or have more than nine fake alarms in a one year period.

If I move or sell my house or business, what do I do?

Contact the Alarm Unit of the Sheriffs Office at (512) 943-1340 and tell the administrator the date you will vacate the premises, your new address, and provide the name of the new owner.  Be certain you call your alarm company and have the system cut off and removed from your name.

Can I leave my alarm permit for the new owner\occupant?

No. The permit is not transferable to another person or address.  It must be cancelled and the new owner\occupant must purchase a permit in their name.

What do I do when I go on vacation, or I am going to be away from home for an extended period of time?

First, call your alarm company and tell them the dates you will be gone and the name of the person you are leaving in charge of your home.  Provide them with all the telephone numbers where that person can be reached.  Be sure the person is fully trained on the use of your system and knows the codes to cut off and reset your alarm system.

How long can an alarm system sound before I am fined?

Every alarm system must have a 30-minute shut-off feature.

What is the procedure for apartment complexes with security systems pre-wired in each unit?

First, the lease manager or owner of the apartments must purchase a permit for the lease office and common areas.  Each occupant who desires to use the security system in their individually leased unit must first purchase a security (alarm) permit.  You are subject to all the same rules and responsibilities as a homeowner.

What is a false alarm?

According to the Williamson County Resolution, a false alarm is any officer response call to your home and the officer finds no evidence or situation requiring law enforcement, fire, or medical emergency response personnel. There is no evidence of an attempted crime, crime in progress, or crime that has just occurred.  There is no fire.  No one needs medical attention.  It does not matter what caused the signal or who caused the alarm to occur.

A false alarm can be caused by numerous things. Examples are:

  • Visitors, real estate agents, contractors, cleaning crews, or simple error
  • Doors and windows left ajar or unlocked
  • Animals inside the premises and the sensors are too low or too sensitive
  • Mail dropped through a mail-drop slot
  • Power outages coupled with improper battery back-up system
  • Telephone line problems
  • Overly-sensitive system that activates when persons rattle a door or window
  • Drapes or balloons blowing in the breeze or air conditioner vent
  • Errors by alarm monitoring service