Williamson County Government Transparency
(Information below is from a handout Commissioner Cook gave out at the meeting in response to requests from the residents as to what Williamson County is doing about government transparency)
*Did you know that you can find out all about the Williamson County financials by visiting the County Auditor’s web site?
From there you can see the following:
- Financial Reportsà includes our bond rating reports and County Treasurer reports
- Payment Registersà a complete list of all payments issued by the county
- Utility Billsà you can see our quarterly utility bills broken out by utility type, by consumption, and cost
- Debt Information
- Contractsà “database” shows all county government contracts 9/1/10 – 9/1/17; “contract search” allows search for any date
Budget Transparency: https://www.wilco.org/Budget
- FY 18 adopted budget is here
- Budget Overviewà general fund (a side by side comparison of each country office’s total budgets), road and bridge fund totals, and debt service
- Budget Archivesà you can see every comprehensive budget going back to 2010
- Timeline of Eventsà gives you a timeline of the process for coming up with the county budget
Boards and Commissions: https://www.wilco.org > Transparency tab > Boards and Commissions tab
- See all of the boards to which Commissioners Court appoints.
- You can see when and where each board meets by clicking on that particular board.
Commissioners Court Agenda: https://agenda.wilco.org/agenda_publish.cfm
- Weekly agenda and item backup documents are posted every Friday
- Search past agendas and minutes