Tips to Avoid Tax Office Lines
Title and New Resident transfers are processed Monday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All transactions require original signed documents. Faxed, scanned or emailed copies are not acceptable and signatures must be in ink. Information is based on individual transactions.
Many people wait until the end of the month to get their motor vehicle tags renewed, causing longer lines at the Williamson County Tax Assessor-Collector’s four offices.
Below are tips to help you avoid standing in those lines.
- Renew Online processed through the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles website, www.texas.gov and are assessed a processing & handling fee of $3.75. Allow a week for your documents to be processed.
- Mail-in your registration renewal and payment by the 15th of the month in order to have your vehicle registration processed and returned by mail before month end.
- Renew current month unexpired vehicle registrations at AAA locations at 13376 N Hwy 183 #108, Austin TX 78750 or AAA at 201 University Blvd. #750, Round Rock TX 78665 and at all Williamson County HEB Business Centers.
- Avoid heavy traffic times: 11:30 a.m. - 2:30p.m. daily and the first/end of the month
- Payment drop boxes are found inside at every location. The Georgetown office is the only location with an outside payment drop box.