The Professional Standards Unit was created to provide programs for deputy sheriffs and corrections officers to assure optimum performance, effectiveness, and departmental productivity as Williamson County Officers. Additionally, the unit has the responsibility of developing hiring and promotional criteria to ensure new employees the highest probability of success. The unit is also charged with the responsibility of developing a comprehensive training program that perpetuates maximum effectiveness and efficiency. These programs include, but not limited to, addressing the physical, intellectual, emotional, legal and ethical demands imposed upon Sheriff's Office personnel.
Training today’s professional law enforcement officer has often been cited as the most important responsibility of any law enforcement agency. With this in mind, the Training Division is committed to providing the most comprehensive and advanced Law Enforcement curriculum available. The philosophy of the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office accentuates all aspects of training to produce well trained, professional Law Enforcement officers to better serve our community. Proper training provides personnel with the most important tools of their career, providing the ability to act decisively and correctly in a wide spectrum of situations.
- The Training Division's goal is to provide proactive job specific training that will:
- Improve job performance and proficiency through effective and efficient training
- Meet or exceed all of TCLEOSE training standards and requirements
- Improve the training quality by training with organizational goals in mind
- Insure the department’s philosophy and mandates are clearly understood
The function of the Training Division is to provide and coordinate the training for all personnel. This training includes, but is not limited to:
- Recruit Training
- In-Service training
- Firearms training
- Specialized training
- Provide training to outside agencies
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 512-943-1352