Property taxes are the primary source of government revenue in Texas. These are local taxes based on the value of the property that help to pay for public schools, city streets, county roads, police, fire protection, and many other services.
The Williamson County Tax Assessor-Collector's office currently handles the following:
- Collection of property taxes for Williamson County and other taxing jurisdictions
- TABC licenses renewals(Georgetown office only)
- Issuing of tax certificates(Georgetown office only and there is a $10 fee for each certificate )
Please note that the Williamson County Tax Collector only collects property tax for the County and other jurisdictions. We are not responsible for the setting of tax rates or determining property values.
The Williamson Central Appraisal District handles the following:
- Determining taxable properties, their value and the taxable owner
- Reviewing and granting Property Exemptions;
- Address and ownership changes
- Mailing of Notices of Appraised Value
- Property value protests
- Taxing jurisdictions for particular properties
- Webcast Videos
The Williamson Central Appraisal District is a separate local agency and is not part of Williamson County Government or the Williamson County Tax Assessor’s Office. The Williamson Central Appraisal District is located at 625 FM 1460, Georgetown TX 78626 and the contact number is 512-930-3787.
Request access to Taxroll (Note: This link is to request access to the delinquent tax roll to import data into a database. For specific tax questions, please call our office at 512-943-1603)